My favourite of all meats is Lamb or mutton. The chef behind this dish is my husband. There are sometimes when we are bored of that routine gravy and want something spicy and dry. There is a small restaurant in Shivaji nagar, Bangalore, which use to serve this preparation of Lamb, which me and hubby absolutely adored. We always used to make it a point to stop by for lunch in this restaurant whenever we visited Bangalore.
This dish is flavoured by all those authentic spices "Cloves, Cardamom, Cinnamon, and cooked with no added water, in the steam of the ginger garlic paste and spice of coarsely ground black pepper balls, then garnish with sauteed onions and coriander.
6 - 8 Cloves
1 tsp Fennel seeds
2 - 3 Cinnamon Sticks
4-5 green Cardamon pods
2 Tbsp Oil
2-3 Green Chillies
1 reem of Curry Leaves
2 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic
Masala Powders: Optional
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder.
1 big size Onion sauteed w/ a few Curry leaves and thinly slit green chilly
1/2 cup coriander leaves.
1 tsp Lime juice
1. In a wok or shallow pan, add oil after the pan is heated and then add all the whole spices after the oil is heats up. Fry till color of the spices changes.
2. Add green chillies curry leaves fry for a few seconds.
3. Add garlic and ginger paste fry a little.
4. Now add the lamb or mutton pieces and salt , mix well.
6. Add salt and if desired all the masala powders except the garam masala powder.
7. Mix well to coat all the lamb pieces with the seasoning and salt
8. Keep roasting the meat till it is half way cooked and then add the pepper and mix well and cook the meat stirring regularly, till any water that came from the meat is evaporated.
9. Check to see if the meat is tender. At this stage add the sauteed onions, green chilly & curry leaves
10. Remove from heat and add the juice
11. Garnish with coriander leaves
This can be served hot with any seasoned rice, or just with hot rice and rasam or sambar or as a side dish for parathas, with any vegetable gravy.
This is my entry to Thick Spice - Clove and hosted canelaycomino and
created by Sunitha's World