Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spicy Chicken Strips / Masala Chicken Pakora

AKA Chicken Pakoda or Pakodi

DSC05854 This is one easy to make food for starters. I use frozen chicken breasts to make these. Never seen or tasted these chicken strips or fitters anywhere. Just that I had this frozen chicken breasts in my freezer and decided to treat husband and kids one evening. So with fingers crossed I whipped up this recipe and it was a hit. Trust me I myself was surprised that this turned out be one tasty snack. Would be great for a perfect starter dish.

For a healthier version you can even bake them in regular oven instead of deeping.

DSC05852 Ingredients :
Two Chicken breasts, cut into thin long strips about a finger length.
Oil for frying.
for the spicy masala covering:
Corn flour/Channa flour - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1 tsp
Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/8 spoon
Tandoori Masala - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
1 tsp Yogurt
A few curry leaves
Salt to taste.

Sauce or ketchup to serve with.

Method :
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for covering with enough water to make a paste.
Add Chicken strips with the above marination and let aside for half to one hour.
Now either deep fry or pan fry the chicken pieces in oil till redish brown.
If baking, place foil on a tray and grease with pam or olive oil.
Spread the chicken strips with even gap.
Bake at 325F 10 mins each side or untill done.
Serve with chilly or tomato sauce.

DSC05851

11 comments:

Malar Gandhi said...

Chicken pakora is a lovely idea, looks so crisp...perfectly made:)

PranisKitchen said...

wow really nice color and very simple one..best appetizervery nicely presented rina

Indian Khana said...

Yummy yum...making me drool...nice pics dear

Finla said...

My hubby and daughter would love this too on a friday evening when they are back. I have so many recipes i want to make from your place that i m adding this too to the list :-)

Rina said...

Malar & Priti.. thanx

Prani.. thanks for visiting my space..will explore urs too.

HP, so true, we all have so many recipes to try from each others blog..wish we had enough time for make them.

SpicyTasty said...

Very innovative idea and love the recipe. Looks so crispy and yummy.
Do check our Sizzling Summer Contest in ST and we would love to see your entry. you could win one of two $50 prizes.

Nandinis food said...

Wow! I'm drooling so badly! I'm gonna try this recipe! Right now I'm being a chicken maniac!

Cynthia said...

Ummmm, yummy and spicy!

Rina said...

ST, Nandini and Cynthia..thanx

Priya said...

Hi,
I am planning to make chicken pakora but freeze it as it will be eaten later. On the day when it will be eater, should it be thawed first and then put in the oven? or can it be put in the oven straight away?

Rina said...

Priya, sorry did my post convey that i freezed them?? What i meant was I made these from uncooked frozen breasts...I don't know whether making these and freezing for later use, will yield best results..and if you want to do that, then may be warming them in the oven is best..